By Adrian Needs,Graham J. Towl
- Illustrates the wide range of purposes of psychology to the legal and civil justice system.
- Gives examples of the way forensic psychology can gain not just from medical and criminological ways, but additionally from the insights of occupational, cognitive, developmental and social psychology.
- Many of the chapters introduce readers to components that have now not obtained broad assurance elsewhere.
- Includes new instructions in forensic practice.
- Chapters draw out the consequences for execs operating within the field.
- Contributors comprise either lecturers and practitioners.
- Reflects either the scope and the possibility of forensic psychology.
Read Online or Download Applying Psychology to Forensic Practice (Forensic Practice series) PDF
Similar forensic psychology books
University shootings scare everybody, even these now not instantly affected. They make nationwide and foreign information. They make mom and dad afraid to ship their childrens off to varsity. yet in addition they bring about generalizations approximately those that perpetrate them. so much assumptions in regards to the perpetrators are improper and lots of of the indicators are neglected till it’s too overdue.
Study tools for Forensic Psychologists is an available and entire textbook that introduces scholars to the learn approach in forensic psychology. Adopting a problem-based studying technique, this e-book bargains a ‘how-to’ consultant to the total examine procedure and empowers readers to enhance their very own programme of study, from preliminary imprecise rules, to constructing a examine query, to accomplishing a methodologically rigorous examine venture, to disseminating the findings.
As psychologists, we're hugely proficient psychological healthiness pros. within the consulting room we're quite often ‘in keep watch over’ and feature an excellent think for what's taking place. although, in a courtroom of legislation, it may be rather scary as whatever can ensue. The vulnerability we consider in a court is a qualified vulnerability.
Mit seinem vielbeachteten Bestseller «Aggression – Die Brutalisierung der modernen Welt» hat Friedrich Hacker der Diskussion über Ursachen, Formen und Kontrollen der Gewalt eine Fülle von Denkanstößen gegeben. Dabei bediente er sich, um der Vielschichtigkeit des Untersuchungsbereichs gerecht zu werden, verschiedener Erkenntnismittel und Darstellungsebenen: der Theorie und kollektiven Erfahrung, der spektakulären Ereignisse wie individueller Krankheitsfälle, des Dialogs wie der Parabel und those.
- Handbook of Forensic Assessment: Psychological and Psychiatric Perspectives
- Sex Offenders: A Criminal Career Approach
- Secure Recovery: Approaches to Recovery in Forensic Mental Health Settings (Issues in Forensic Psychology)
- Violence Risk - Assessment and Management: Advances Through Structured Professional Judgement and Sequential Redirections
- A Female Predator: When Women Stalk, Attack, Kill, Harass and Sexually Assault Other Women
- Sexual Deviance, Second Edition: Theory, Assessment, and Treatment
Extra info for Applying Psychology to Forensic Practice (Forensic Practice series)